If you’re looking for an easy delicious dinner recipe, here is an extra lean beef mince and cauliflower rice meal that is also banting friendly. You can enjoy this spicy middle-eastern take on meat balls, without the carb-rich pasta.
- 500g Extra lean beef mince
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 125ml double cream yoghurt
- 1 tsp xylitol
- 800g cauliflower rice
- Freshly ground salt and black pepper
*Notes* You can add chilli spice to give it a bit of a kick or according to your preference.
- In a bowl, add the mince, cumin, ginger, cinnamon, freshly ground salt and black pepper. Mix together thoroughly using your hands.
- Once the mince and spices have combined, roll into balls about 3-4 cm in size. When all the mince is done, place a pan on medium heat.
- Place the olive oil in the pan and add the meat balls, fry them for about 4-6 minutes. Once all the meat balls are cooked, place them to one side and add the tinned tomatoes to the same pan.
- When the tomatoes start to simmer, add the cumin, ginger, xylitol and cinnamon. Add freshly ground salt and black pepper to taste. Let the sauce simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering, heat another pan to a medium temperature. Place the cauliflower rice into the pan and saute for about 4-6 minutes, or until the rice is cooked through. Season with freshly ground salt and pepper and set it aside.
- When the tomato sauce has reduced, add the yoghurt, stirring thoroughly. Then add the meat balls into the sauce and cook for a further 5 minutes, or until the sauce has reduced some more.
- Place in a serving dish with the cauliflower rice on the side.
Spread the love