Fitness Tips for Women Over 40
When we reach the age 40 or beyond, it is very difficult to deal with an expanding waist line no matter how much we exercise. So how can we be effective in our fitness journey? Here are 7 great tips on how to become effective in your journey to fitness.
- At this point in time you only need your body to achieve the desired results. Since every woman is different it’s advisable to get a program that will best suit you. You may have surgical history where a program may not be suited for you.
Always consult a qualified trainer to make sure that the fitness program will not hurt you. If the fitness program is not for you, it will only be a cause of frustration and injuries.
- Set realistic targets. Wouldn’t you be frustrated if you set your mind into reshaping your body in month? Make sure that the body you prefer in a period of time is achievable and realistic.
The program should also be practical and will not give you false hopes. It is important to be aware of the blocks you encounter in your daily living. This will help you know what program is satisfactory. And once a program has been reached, then you can set goals and timelines that are realistic.
- You don’t even need equipment, just use your body. Your priority is to gain as much muscle as you can. So the exercises you do should work on the parts of your body where muscles are. The main reason being that when you develop muscles, you burn more calories and then you lessen the fats in your body.
The plank an stretching are the most effective exercises you can do. The plank is a great exercise for strengthening your deep inner core, your transverse abdominis, diaphragm and pelvis floor.
Multi-joint exercises and weight lifting are recommended. Learn what exercises work on certain parts of your body. Multi-joint exercises are also said to be effective but time saving.
- Be systematic on working on your muscles. Your muscles should be working harder over time. Repeating the same sets of exercises and same weight without getting your muscles to work harder will not give satisfactory results.
You can record your daily results and make the progression based on your previous data. A daily log will also motivate you since you are able to track how far you have gone. It builds confidence since there is a written proof of something that was successfully accomplished.
- Perform a set of exercises in 10 repetitions. Every number that was accomplished is called a repetition. Try to make every repetition with less momentum as much as possible.
The lesser the momentum, the harder your muscles work. And the harder they work, the bigger they become. To check if there is much momentum when lifting, see if the arm is floating. If the arm does float, then there is much momentum.
- Be flexible and perform a variety of exercises. Every exercise program should have a variety. You can change your exercises, goals and sets every month to keep you motivated and on the go. Doing this will help you prevent being bored and losing energy physically and mentally.
- Eat 5 – 6 small meals a day and by doing this you never go hungry thereby boosting your metabolism.
Try by all means to stay away from sugar especially drinking soda. You rather eat a whole fruit than drink fruit juice. Include protein in every meal. Also lower your carb intake, take the good type with fibre.
Not all programs work for all types of people. There is no workout that is best for everyone. But you learn from experienced people. Learn to acknowledge blocks and demonstrate self-discipline, keep yourself motivated and work harder every day and add variety.
Doing these simple adjustments to your life style will make you feel energized and fit. these are simple exercises that you can do in the privacy of your own home.
To boost your weight loss and fitness goals and to stay motivated! The best way is to be consistent.